Resources for home school,
teachers, parents & kids
Sign up for our
Ohio Unit Study
This mini unit study provides you with ideas, activities, lots of printable
coloring pages and free worksheets for you to use. I hope your family has as
much fun studying the states as mine is. Before you begin you might want to take
a peek at Our 50 States - basic
ideas that can be used with any state study. Then check out all the geography
fun here at learning Treasures.
Most of these are PDF files. Simply right click the link and choose SAVE AS
Ohio Symbols Worksheets & Printables
Famous (or infamous) People
Important Events or Places in (or near) Ohio
Other Worksheets & Coloring Pages
Fun for the Younger Kids - coming soon
Ohio Alphabet Flashcards
Ohio Ladybug Math Flashcards Numbers 0 10
Ohio Ladybug Spots Math Flashcards Counting 0 10
Ohio Wall Charts Colors
Ohio Wall Charts - Months
Ohio Wall Charts Number Words
Ohio Wall Charts Days of the Week
Ideas for using the worksheets or free printables.
- Print out the blank state. Label the rivers, mountains and major rivers.
- Build a model of a famous spot in Ohio.
- Print out the one of the above worksheets and write a front page newspaper
- Add the symbols page to your notebook.
- Fix Pennsylvania Dutch meal.
- Make the Ohio flag out of construction paper.
- Write a book report on Uncle Toms Cabin. Use the
- If you dont have a animal notebook start one. Read
Starting an Animal Notebook then begin yours with the animals that
are the state symbols of Ohio.
- Play a matching game with the Ohio math flashcards. Match the numbers with
the correct ladybug spots.
- Make a literacy bag for younger students. Include the math flashcards,
alphabet cars and scaled down months, days and color cards.
Do you have fun ideas and activities on Ohio we can add to this? Send me an