Helping with all your homeschool
& educational needs.
Treasures is your place for great teaching resources.
Studies, Notebook Packs & Activity Packs
My Other Sites
Cooking with Kids
Practical Parenting Today
Our Fifty United States
If you are looking for some fun ideas to use when studying your state or all
50 states look no further. Here are some wonderful general ideas to use with any
state. Then check out my individual states worksheets, coloring pages and
- Make a notebook – Get a binder and some cardstock, paper – lined and
colored, dividers if you want them, colored pencils, stickers and anything
else you can think of to help in the making of your notebook. Add a few page
protectors to slide things into that might not work on a piece of paper. You
can have a notebook for each state or one big one for all 50!
- Make a poster of the state symbols.
- Make a salt dough map of the state.
- Do reports or “mini” posters – we make these on cardstock for our
notebooks – on famous people, places or events in that state.
- Have your students pick an important event and pretend they were there.
They can then write a letter to a friend telling them about the event. Another
fun idea is to be a reporter for the event.
- Have a dinner featuring foods from the state.
- Make a section in your notebook – or make a poster – of the animals that
live in the state.
- Same as above only plants and vegetation.
- Make a poster of natural resources.
- Make a weather chart for the state covering the last 5 years.
- Build a model of a famous place in the state.
- Visit the state or write to the capital for information on the state.
- Print a blank map of the United States and color each one as you add study
Now pick a state and get started!
Alabama Alaska Arkansas Arizona California Connecticut Colorado Delaware
Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine
Massachusetts Maryland Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska
Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota
Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota
Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia West Virginia Washington Wisconsin Wyoming